(HINT: you will need your username and password) Change your Password
* We recommend that this is the first thing that you do. * Click DASHBOARD * Click EDIT USER ACCOUNT
* Type in your password changes * Click SAVE CHANGES
Formats? Products? Packages? Oh My!
* There are three types of items that you can sell in PPMAX. Formats, Products, and Packages. What’s the difference? * 1. FORMATS are your basic images like 8x10, 4x6, etc. You will create a format for each size that you offer and associate a price with each format. * 2. PRODUCTS allow you to sell either a single item or a group of photos with no specific size format. For example, you might want to sell a leather bound book or allow your clients to pick 50 images that you will layout in an album. Products allow you to create the 50 slots that your clients will drag their image choices into. * 3. PACKAGES allow you to create custom groups of images sizes into one package for one price. For example, you may offer a package with six 8x10, four 5x6, and fifty wallets all for $200.
File:PPMAX-global.jpg Set up a format
* FORMATS- your basic images like 8x10, 4x6, etc.
You will create a format for each size that you offer and associate a price with each format. A format is the most basic item to sell. It is simply the size and a price: ie: 5x6, 8x10, etc.
* HOW TO SET UP FORMATS * GLOBAL SET UP * FORMATS
* Click NEW at the bottom of the left pane * Type in the SIZE of the format: ie 8x10 * Type in the PRICE of the format * Click SAVE
Set up a Product
* 'PRODUCTS- allow you to sell either a single item or a group of photos with no specific size format.
For example, you might want to sell a leather bound book or allow your clients to pick 50 image that you will layout in an album. Products allows you to create the 50 slots that your clients will drag their image choices into.
* HOW TO SET UP A PRODUCT * GLOBAL SET UP * PRODUCTS
* Click NEW at the bottom of the left pane * Click OPEN to add an image that will appear in the description
* Create a product name: ie ”YOUR ALBUM” * Determine the price for the this product * Add a description: ie: “The family package offers wallets, six 8x10, etc” * Under PRODUCT TYPE select “PRODUCT” * Click ADD AN ITEM * Type in the item format: ie “images or album cover or internal images” * Type in QUANTITY for that format. Ie: how many image will you allow the client to select * Click Save * When you see the format(s) in the list, click SAVE
Set up a package
* PACKAGES allows you to create custom groups of images sizes into one package for one price. For example, you may offer a package with six 8x10, four 5x6, and fifty wallets all for $200.
* HOW TO SET UP A PACKAGE * GLOBAL SET UP * PRODUCTS
* Click NEW at the bottom of the left pane * Click OPEN to add an image that will appear in the description * Create a product name: ie ” THE FAMILY PACKAGE” * Determine the price for the package
* Add a description: ie: “The family package offers wallets, six 8x10, etc” * Under PRODUCT TYPE select “PACKAGE” * Click ADD AN ITEM * Type in the format: ie “8x10” * Type in QUANTITY for that format. Ie: how many 8x10 can the client choose * Click Save * When you see the format(s) in the list, click SAVE
Set up PayPal
* NOTE: Please set up your shipping and paypal taxes * Click GLOBAL SETUP * Click SETUP * Click CHECKOUT * Click EDIT PAYPAL OPTIONS * IS DEFAULT and USE should be TRUE * Type your email address associated with your PayPal account in the BUSINESS field * Click SAVE
Sales Tax & Shipping
* PhotoProof allows for very basic shipping and tax settings. You can assign a flat-amount Shipping & Handling value, and you can assign a cart-wide Sales Tax Percent. You will find these settings here: * Login * click Global Setup * under the Setup tab, click Ordering Options
If you are using Email
* Email-based ordering is very straight-forward. Since you are in charge of handling the orders, whatever settings you set within PhotoProof are the values you and your clients will see. If either Shipping & Handling or Sales Tax Percent are set to Zero, they will be respecitively hidden from view in PhotoProof’s Order Tally. * If you have any personal exceptions to your shipping and tax policy, please be sure to note them in the disclaimer found here: Login > Global Settings > Languages > Checkout > Edit Email Based Options > Disclaimer
If you are using PayPal
* PayPal allows you to setup your account with shipping preferences and tax rules all within your PayPal account. PayPal has very sophisticated calculation methods for both shipping and tax that are both highly flexible and very specific. If you decide to use PayPal’s setup options, here is what you need to know about how PhotoProof works with PayPal. * Shipping & Handling — This is a cart-wide flat fee treated as a "Handling" value from PayPal. This way, you are free to create specific shipping rules within PayPal, and this value will be added to the order as a flat fee. If this value is set to Zero, it does not get sent to PayPal, and will not show up in PhotoProof’s Order Tally. * Sales Tax Percent — You can set a sales tax percent within PhotoProof, and this will determine the sales tax rate for the cart. Setting this value to Zero will use your tax settings in your PayPal account settings, and will not show up in PhotoProof’s Order Tally. Setting this value to anything other than Zero will automatically override your PayPal sales tax settings. * NOTE: If you do choose to setup additional PayPal rules, please be sure to note any discrepancies in the disclaimer found here: Login > Global Settings > Languages > Checkout > Edit PayPal Options > Disclaimer
If you are using Google Checkout
* Google Checkout does not allow for cart overrides on things like shipping and taxes — it only allows for an item’s price. Any shipping rules and/or tax settings have to setup in your Google Account. Any values for Shipping & Handling and Sales Tax Percent are effectively ignored. * If you do choose to setup additional Google rules, please be sure to note any discrepancies in the disclaimer found here: Login > Global Settings > Languages > Checkout > Edit Google Checkout Options > Disclaimer
Logo and your info
* There are two logos that you will need. A web ready logo for the online product, and a print ready logo for the printable invoices. * Click GLOBAL SETUP * Click SETUP * Click CONTACT CARD
* Upload a webready LOGO (no wider than 350 pixels wide) * Upload a print ready LOGO (around 600 pixels/2 inches wide: saved at 300 dpi) * Click SAVE * NOTE: SET UP YOUR CONTACT INFO- While you are here, please take the time to setup your email address and other contact information.
Add a watermark
* Click GLOBAL SETUP * Click SETUP * Click GENERAL OPTIONS
* Upload an image (approx: 250 x 150 saved web ready PNG) * Click SAVE
Size your images
* Before you load your images into PPMAX, resize the images to 640x480 and save them as non-progressive web ready jpgs. You may even want turn the quality down to around 65-85%. (HINT: make sure to save them as web-ready jpgs)
Upload your images
Create the client folder
* Click PROOFING SETS * Click NEW at the bottom left * Type in the name of the client. Please note: this will be the LOGIN that people will use to access their images. Try to keep it simple and know that it is case sensitive. For example: smith, jones, etc. * Click CREATE NEW: You will now see the folder name in the list on the left.
* Click the folder name * Click MANAGE PHOTOS * Click NEW to make a folder. These folders will allow you to organize the photos: ie: reception, ceremoney, etc. * Click CREATE NEW
* We recommend that you add no more than 50-100 images per folder. * Click the folder name (ie: reception) * Click UPLOAD at the bottom * Click OPEN and select your images * You will see a list of images: Click UPLOAD
Send your client a link
* Click PROOFING SETS * Click the client folder you would like to send * Click OUTPUT * Type in the email addresses in the SEND A BULK EMAIL field * Click SEND MAIL
I received an order...Now What?
* With the Photoproof Max, you can manage your orders, too! * Navigate to ‘Order Management’. You’ll see your Pending, Paid and Fulfilled orders. * How do get all the way from Pending to Fulfilled? …the click of a button, my friend. * Highlight a Pending order. You’ll notice you can ‘View Invoice’ (a breakdown of all photos ordered by your client, an order number, total price and shipping information), ‘View Order Sheet’ (for a visual breakdown of all photos ordered), ‘Delete Order’ (preeeetty self explanatory) and ‘Change Status’. * By Changing the Status of your clients’ order (like from Pending to Paid), you can notify them every step of the way to the progress of their order. Being able to automate contact this way cuts down those ‘Hey! Where’s my stuff?!’, calls from impatient clients. No one’s left in the dark when they go ‘IntoTheDarkroom’… (humor me, please)